As a family you will never be short of things to do in River Valley. You can enjoy many of the on-park activities whether its tennis, crazy golf or remote controlled boats or why not try one of our kids clubs which encourage friendship and are tailored to suit your children with many fun activities. Offsite there are lots of adventures in store such as Clara Lara, Wicklow Gaol, and for the more adventurous trekking over the Wicklow Mountains. Holidays will never seem to be long enough!
The family section of the park is divided into two different areas. Within these areas you can choose from hard sites with electricity, grass sites with electricity or grass sites with no electricity. The modern toilet and shower block is heated and tiled, and includes a laundry room, camper’s kitchen and disabled bathroom.
Area 1: Young Dreamers Area (Cupids Creek). A quiet zone suitable for families with small kids, there is no excessive noise after 10pm in this area.
Area 2: Family Camping Area. This area is suitable for families with older kids where there is no excessive noise after 11pm.
Definition of Excessive noise: Is where conversation or noise can be overheard in the neighboring tent or caravan. In The family area of the holiday park the focus is on the kids rather than the adults. With this in mind if you are looking for a caravan & camping park where you can sit up with your friends and disturb others by talking and drinking after 11pm this is NOT the park for you.
We will always place the emphasis on the kids having a good night’s sleep rather than the adults having a good night out.
IMPORTANT – READ BEFORE YOU CHECK AVAILABILITY
- Bookings for Caravan and Camping are made online – sites are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Advance booking is essential for weekends, high season and bank holidays.
- There is no minimum stay for touring/camping, but there is a maximum stay of one week. If you would like to stay longer, please phone the office to book.
- Full contact details with deposit are required at time of booking: full payment is required for stays up to 2 nights and 2 nights or full payment is required for longer stays.
- Families in groups are charged a €50 refundable noise deposit on arrival. This will be refunded if there are no noise disturbances during their stay. We are a family, friendly site and we do not tolerate late night disturbances. Don’t book our park if you think you’re going to stay up late.
- Check-in available from 11am and checkout is by 12 noon on day of departure.
- Dogs are allowed touring & camping as long as they are kept on a short lead and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Children must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times while on site.
- Should you need to cancel or change your dates for any reason, we will give a full refund, or change your dates, with a minimum of 7 days notice.
- We do not allow campfires at River Valley.
- The modern toilet and shower block is heated and tiled, and includes a laundry room, camper’s kitchen and disabled bathroom.
- Bookings begin in December each year for the following season.
Read our Terms & Conditions before you check availability
- River Valley is a quiet, respectable, family-run park. We cater for couples and families with children.
- We DO NOT cater for adult/teen groups, hens/stags or those who are looking to stay up at night past our strict family curfew.
- We have a strict noise curfew from 11 p.m. and we DO NOT tolerate any behaviour at any time that disturbs neighbouring families (including, but not limited to, foul language, rowdy behaviour etc.).
- If you book and you cannot follow the Park’s Rules, then you will be asked to leave with no refund. NO EXCEPTIONS!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CARAVAN AND CAMPING
Rates per night:
€10.00 for the site fee (low season – March, April, May and September)
€12.00 for the site fee (high season – June, July and August)
€6.00 per adult
€4.00 per child
€4.00 for electric hook-up
Example: 1 Caravan with two adults and electricity is €28.00 low season or €30 high season per night.
Example: 1 caravan with 2 adults and 2 children with electric is €36.00 low season or €38.00 high season per night.
Camping and Caravanning Specials:
We have 7 nights on offer for the price of 6 when paid in full at time of booking.
Modern, toilet and shower block. Each shower cubicle has a bench and hooks for hanging your clothes and towel. Hairdryers are not provided, but electric points are provided in the shower block for your own hairdryer and razor. Laundry room with washer/dryer facilities and a large washing sink. The Campers Kitchen has washing-up sinks, hot and cold water and electric hobs for cooking. Disposable BBQs are available from reception. Pets are welcome camping as long as they are kept on a lead at all times and minded by an adult at all times. We do not allow pets inside any of our accommodations.
If you book an electric pitch, then you need to supply your own camping lead. Your camping lead needs to have a round blue 3-pin plug on one end that connects into our electric bollard as shown. This camping lead is standard throughout Europe. If you haven’t bought your camping lead yet, then we recommend buying a camping lead that is at least 25m long (this is plenty long for pitches on our park, however other parks may need longer). We do not sell camping leads, so please see your nearest camping shop – Halfords, Charles camping Blessington , O’Meara camping .
Rallies are welcome all season long. We can situate all members in the one area in either the family section or the adult only section depending on the group. Group banquets can be organized in Mickey Finns bar and Brewery on site.” Gastro pub grub of the year winners 2017.” Tours to Glendalough, Dublin, Avoca Handweavers and spectacular gardens such as Powerscourt and Mount Usher in Co.Wicklow can be organized through the office.