The Secret Garden – Adults only camping
If you have never been on a caravan and camping holiday or feel it’s only for children. Please come to River Valley and book into the Secret Garden, this area is for adults only and we have focused on peace, comfort and relaxation. The Secret Garden offers hard-standing sites with electric, water and grey waste and grass sites with electricity.
Please note that during the October School holidays (Halloween) – the adult only area will also be used by families.
The modern toilet and shower block is heated and tiled, and also includes a camper’s kitchen. The luxurious toilet and shower block is centrally heated and has wheel chair access. The beautifully landscaped grounds offer plenty of trees, shrubs and flowers. The Secret garden is adjacent to our new 1.5km scenic walk with spectacular views of Brittas bay and the Wicklow Mountains when you reach the top. On route you pass the orchard and see the deer and animals grazing in the meadow. Dogs are allowed to use this walk too, but must be kept on a lead. Dogs are allowed in the Secret Garden adult camping area all season long as well.
Indulge in pulse-quickening sport activities such as a leisurely round of foot golf, a game of badminton, a walk through the Wicklow mountains or view the delights of many of the unusual gardens that Wicklow has to offer such as Powerscourt and Mount Usher. If you have a minute take a look under the activities section for enjoyable days out for Adults.
Later in the evening after some fine pub grub in Mickey Finns, or a Take-away from our traditional fish and chips, you can snuggle in beside an open fire and enjoy the musical entertainment (traditional, jazz etc) that Mickey Finns has to offer, and all on your own doorstep with no driving involved!
IMPORTANT – READ BEFORE YOU CHECK AVAILABILITY
- Bookings for Caravan and Camping are made online – sites are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Advance booking is essential for weekends, high season and bank holidays.
- There is no minimum stay for touring or camping.
- Full contact details with full payment is required at time of booking.
- Check-in available from 11 a.m. and checkout is by 11am on day of departure.
- Dogs are allowed touring & camping as long as they are kept on a short lead and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Should you need to cancel your dates for any reason we offer a full refund less the 5% admin fee once 7 days’ notice has been given.
- We do not allow campfires at River Valley.
- Bookings begin in January each year for the following season.
- Showers are by token (€1 each) which lasts 6 minutes.
- There is a minimum stay of three nights on bank holiday weekends for caravan and camping.
- Should you need to transfer or change your booking to a later date, at least three days’ notice must be given or else your booking is fortified.
- Once a booking has been made , it cannot be changed into a different name.
- All groups are charged a €100 refundable noise deposit or €50 per unit on arrival if more than one unit. This will be refunded if there are no noise disturbances during their stay. We are a family, friendly site and we do not tolerate late night disturbances that affect neighbouring campers and caravaners.
Read our Terms & Conditions before you check availability
- River Valley is a quiet, respectable, family-run park. We cater for couples and families with children.
- We DO NOT cater for adult/teen groups, hens/stags or those who are looking to stay up at night past our strict family curfew.
- We have a strict noise curfew from 11 p.m. and we DO NOT tolerate any behaviour at any time that disturbs neighbouring families (including, but not limited to, foul language, rowdy behaviour etc.).
- If you book and you cannot follow the Park’s Rules, then you will be asked to leave with no refund. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Management reserves the right to cancel any booking without explanation up to 24 hours after time of booking and refund any payment made.
- Refunds will be processed immediately but could take three days to be credited back to your bank account.
- WIFI is available in the reception building only and is free of charge.
- For safety reasons Electric Scooters, Hover Boards and other motorised equipment are not allowed on site
- Dogs/Pets are welcome in your own accommodation e.g. Tent, Campervan, Caravan but not in our onsite accommodation e.g. Mobile Homes, Treehouses, Glampotel, Lodges. Restricted Breeds are not permitted on the Park. Full information on our Dogs/Pets Terms & Conditions are available here
- At the moment the local shop is closed due to change of ownership, hopefully it will be open soon.
Don’t feel like camping? Then why not check out our Treehouses, Microlodges, Maxilodges and The Kukoo Hut.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CARAVAN AND CAMPING
Rates per night:
Low season ( Sun to Thursday nights inclusive) March, April, May, September, October and Nov. Excluding bank holiday weekends.
High Season ( Fri and Saturday nights March, April, May, September, October and Nov) . Every night June, July and August and Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights of bank holiday weekends.
Low Season Price:
- €13 per Unit ( Unit is a tent, Motorhome, Caravan or a Sleeping car unit)
- € 7 per Adult
- €5 per Child ( Age 2-15 years)
- €8 for Electricity.
High Season Price:
- €17 per Unit
- € 7 per Adult
- €5 per Child ( Age 2-15 years)
- €8 for Electricity.
Camping and Caravanning Specials:
We have 7 nights on offer for the price of 6 when paid in full at time of booking.
Modern, toilet and shower block. Each shower cubicle has a bench and hooks for hanging your clothes and towel. Hairdryers are not provided, but electric points are provided in the shower block for your own hairdryer and razor. Laundry room with washer/dryer facilities and a large washing sink. The Campers Kitchen has washing-up sinks, hot and cold water and electric hobs for cooking. Disposable BBQs are available from reception. Pets are welcome camping as long as they are kept on a lead at all times and minded by an adult at all times. We do not allow pets inside any of our accommodations.
If you book an electric pitch, then you need to supply your own camping lead. Your camping lead needs to have a round blue 3-pin plug on one end that connects into our electric bollard as shown. This camping lead is standard throughout Europe. If you haven’t bought your camping lead yet, then we recommend buying a camping lead that is at least 25m long (this is plenty long for pitches on our park, however other parks may need longer). We do not sell camping leads, so please see your nearest camping shop – Halfords, Charles camping Blessington , O’Meara camping .
Rallies are welcome all season long. We can situate all members in the one area in either the family section or the adult only section depending on the group. Group banquets can be organized in Mickey Finns bar and Brewery on site.” Gastro pub grub of the year winners 2017.” Tours to Glendalough, Dublin, Avoca Handweavers and spectacular gardens such as Powerscourt and Mount Usher in Co.Wicklow can be organized through the office.