The Secret Garden – Adults only camping
If you have never been on a caravan and camping holiday or feel it’s only for children. Please come to River Valley and book into the Secret Garden, this area is for adults only and we have focused on peace, comfort and relaxation. The Secret Garden offers hard-standing sites with electric, water and grey waste and grass sites with electricity.
The modern toilet and shower block is heated and tiled, and also includes a camper’s kitchen. The luxurious toilet and shower block is centrally heated and has wheel chair access. The beautifully landscaped grounds offer plenty of trees, shrubs and flowers. The Secret garden is adjacent to our new 1.5km scenic walk with spectacular views of Brittas bay and the Wicklow Mountains when you reach the top. On route you pass the orchard and see the deer and animals grazing in the meadow. Dogs are allowed to use this walk too, but must be kept on a lead. Dogs are allowed in the Secret Garden adult camping area all season long as well.
Indulge in pulse-quickening sport activities such as a leisurely round of foot golf, a game of badminton, a walk through the Wicklow mountains or view the delights of many of the unusual gardens that Wicklow has to offer such as Powerscourt and Mount Usher. If you have a minute take a look under the activities section for enjoyable days out for Adults.
Later in the evening after some fine pub grub in Mickey Finns, or a Take-away from Govanni’s traditional fish and chips, you can snuggle in beside an open fire and enjoy the musical entertainment (traditional, jazz etc) that Mickey Finns has to offer, and all on your own doorstep with no driving involved!
IMPORTANT – READ BEFORE YOU CHECK AVAILABILITY
- Bookings for Caravan and Camping are made online – sites are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Advance booking is essential for weekends, high season and bank holidays.
- There is no minimum stay for touring or camping.
- Full contact details with deposit are required at time of booking: full payment required for stays up to 2 nights and 2 nights or full payment required for longer stays.
- Check-in available from 11 a.m. and checkout is by 12 noon on day of departure.
- Dogs are allowed touring & camping as long as they are kept on a short lead and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Should you need to cancel or change your dates for any reason, we will give a full refund, or change your dates, with a minimum of 7 days notice.
- We do not allow campfires at River Valley.
- Bookings begin in December each year for the following season.
Read our Terms & Conditions before you check availability
- River Valley is a quiet, respectable, family-run park. We cater for couples and families with children.
- We DO NOT cater for adult/teen groups, hens/stags or those who are looking to stay up at night past our strict family curfew.
- We have a strict noise curfew from 11 p.m. and we DO NOT tolerate any behaviour at any time that disturbs neighbouring families (including, but not limited to, foul language, rowdy behaviour etc.).
- If you book and you cannot follow the Park’s Rules, then you will be asked to leave with no refund. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- WIFI is available in the reception building only and is free of charge.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CARAVAN AND CAMPING
Rates per night:
€10.00 for the site fee (low season – March, April, May and September)
€12.00 for the site fee (high season – June, July and August)
€6.00 per adult
€4.00 per child
€4.00 for electric hook-up
Example: 1 Caravan with two adults and electricity is €28.00 low season or €30 high season per night.
Example: 1 caravan with 2 adults and 2 children with electric is €36.00 low season or €38.00 high season per night.
Camping and Caravanning Specials:
We have 7 nights on offer for the price of 6 when paid in full at time of booking.
Modern, toilet and shower block. Each shower cubicle has a bench and hooks for hanging your clothes and towel. Hairdryers are not provided, but electric points are provided in the shower block for your own hairdryer and razor. Laundry room with washer/dryer facilities and a large washing sink. The Campers Kitchen has washing-up sinks, hot and cold water and electric hobs for cooking. Disposable BBQs are available from reception. Pets are welcome camping as long as they are kept on a lead at all times and minded by an adult at all times. We do not allow pets inside any of our accommodations.
If you book an electric pitch, then you need to supply your own camping lead. Your camping lead needs to have a round blue 3-pin plug on one end that connects into our electric bollard as shown. This camping lead is standard throughout Europe. If you haven’t bought your camping lead yet, then we recommend buying a camping lead that is at least 25m long (this is plenty long for pitches on our park, however other parks may need longer). We do not sell camping leads, so please see your nearest camping shop – Halfords, Charles camping Blessington , O’Meara camping .
Rallies are welcome all season long. We can situate all members in the one area in either the family section or the adult only section depending on the group. Group banquets can be organized in Mickey Finns bar and Brewery on site.” Gastro pub grub of the year winners 2017.” Tours to Glendalough, Dublin, Avoca Handweavers and spectacular gardens such as Powerscourt and Mount Usher in Co.Wicklow can be organized through the office.